Danny Did love to get into the mix of things. We’d welcome and enjoy your involvement with the Danny Did Foundation. There are many ways that you can help. Pick one that fits for you and get in touch!
- Assist Danny Did’s outreach to doctors. The Danny Did Foundation will send you a package that includes Seizure Safety/SUDEP Info brochures, Danny Did Foundation pamphlets, and a letter of introduction to the DDF. You provide this package to your doctors and then provide the DDF with contact information for the doctors. We then follow up with the doctors to establish a relationship that results in advancement of SUDEP awareness.
- Volunteer at a DDF event. View our list of events.
- Organize and host your own fund raising event. A cocktail party at your home for friends? Or maybe a summer barbeque, a tupperware or a Bake For Danny bake sale. Chicago area friends, how about hosting a BYOB get together at Tipsy Paint in Glenview? Email Mary Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea!
- Sponsor a Danny Did event. Its a a great way to align your business with supporting kids, health and wellness, and grass roots advocacy. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
- Employee Matching Plan: Many companies will match an employee’s charity contribution, sometimes doubling or even tripling your tax-deductible donation to the Danny Did Foundation. Contact your Human Resources department for more information.
- Corporate Partnerships: Partner with the Danny Did Foundation to meet the philanthropic, marketing, sponsorship and/or employee interests of your company. Learn about our Danny Did Partnership Program. Even if you’re not a business owner, you can assist by asking your employer if they’re willing to supply volunteers, services or funds to Danny Did to help further epilepsy awareness.
- Memorials and Tributes: Honor someone special with a tribute, remember a lost loved one with a memorial, or celebrate a birthday, graduation, or wedding by contributing to the Danny Did Foundation.
- A Gift by Will/Mention in Obituary. Talk with your estate planning attorney about how Danny Did Foundation can be included in your will or estate plan.
- Medical Professionals: Let’s discuss placement of Danny Did Foundation printed materials in your hospital, emergency room, or doctor’s office.
- Team Danny Did: Running a race or involved in a competition? How about collecting donations for the Danny Did Foundation! We offer your own personal sponsorship page for fund raising when you become a part of Team Danny Did.
- Auction items: Do you have tickets, artwork, memorabilia, professional services or a gift certificate to donate? Auction items are always accepted and appreciated. Please contact Tom Stanton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lead a “fan raising” campaign for our Danny Did Facebook page. If you can get groups of people from your school, workplace or town to ‘Like’ our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/DannyDid), or to follow us on Twitter (@DannyDidOrg), you’re helping our awareness in a big way.
- Plan a Danny Did kickball tournament! Inside a gym or outside in a park. Big or small. Include bells and whistles or just get a group together and play. A fun way to spend a day and raise some money for our cause.
- Create a Danny Did Birthday Campaign. In lieu of presents and party, ask friends to donate their age in money to the Danny Did Foundation. We can provide an online page to collect your donations. Experience adds up!
- Share the Seizure Quiz! Spread awareness and understanding about seizures and epilepsy by sharing a Seizure Quiz with your school or youth group. Click here to find the quiz and the details on sending it back to our Kids’ Ambassador – Danny’s sister Mary Grace – and she’ll send you back your graded results!
Be in touch and let us know that you are ready to help us help others. If you have questions or ideas to run past us, contact Mary Duffy at email@example.com. And remember: Danny Did, And You Can Too!