The Danny Did Foundation is proud to be an official partner of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon for the 13th straight year. Team Danny Did members participate in the marathon to raise funds and awareness for the Danny Did Foundation. We welcome runners from across the United States and the world to be a part of our team and to join us in advancing awareness of epilepsy and Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy, or SUDEP. To join our team or if you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DETAILS: We have coveted charity race entries to distribute to those who run and fundraise for Team Danny Did. See below for details on our Team Danny Did runner benefits.
FUNDRAISING COMMITMENT: For runners who receive a Team Danny Did charity entry during the 'normal' registration period - which ends on November 30, 2021 - the fundraising minimum is $1,250.
For those who receive a Team Danny Did charity entry after the 'normal' registration period, the fundraising minimum increases to $1,750.
Runners who do not utilize a Danny Did charity entry, but rather use their own entry, are asked to set a fundraising goal of $1,000. See below for the list of exciting Team Danny Did benefits.
DONATE TO A 2022 RUNNER ONLINE: To sponsor one of our Team Danny Did runners in the Chicago Marathon CLICK HERE.
How To Apply For a Spot on Team Danny Did:
- Contact Danny Did at email@example.com.
- Review and return your signed Team Danny Did Commitment Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon using the unique link we will provide you.
- Create your online fundraising page.
- Recruit a friend to join Team Danny Did and receive a $100 fundraising credit!
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions, contact the Danny Did Foundation at email@example.com.
We Reward Your Effort With These TEAM DANNY DID BENEFITS:
- FREE race entry – a $240 value! (Your entrance fee will be reimbursed following the marathon if you reach your fundraising goal.)
- FREE 18-week training program: A $200 value. Chose from the in person or the virtual option. Not in the Chicago area? Pick a program near you.
- A custom Team Danny Did race day tech shirt
- A custom online fundraising page
- Regular e-newsletters: featuring training and fundraising tips.
- Discounted gear at Road Runner Sports: Road Runner Sports in Chicagoland is supporting the Danny Did Foundation’s Fundraising efforts through October 9th. Visit Road Runner Sports at any of the four Chicagoland stores – in Chicago, Wilmette, Kildeer or Naperville - and mention the Danny Did Foundation to enjoy an extra 10% sales discount on your purchase. Please share this 10% offer with your friends and family too. If you join the VIP Family, you’ll receive a larger benefit. Road Runner Sports will be donating 10% of the net sales proceeds generated by this fundraising effort to Danny Did.
- Awards and incentives for the top fundraisers.
- A post race Team Danny Did party featuring complimentary food and beverages in a venue near the race finish line.
- Camaraderie, inspiration and encouragement: from your Team Danny teammates, from kids with epilepsy, and from the life of Danny Stanton.
RACE DAY CHEER STATION: We invite all to cheer our runners on race day Sunday October 10th at the Danny Did cheer station, near course mile 14.5, located at the northwest corner of Adams and Green Streets, which is one block west of Halsted St near Chicago's Greek Town neighborhood. Bring signs and wear DDF gear! For more details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 COURSE MAP: Coming soon.
COMPANY SPONSORSHIPS: If you're interested to sponsor Team Danny Did in 45th annual running of the second largest marathon in the world, please email email@example.com.
From runner Relly Moorer of North Carolina:
"I enjoyed every step of my Team Danny Did experience, leading up to race day, during the marathon, and at the post party afterwards. Thanks for everything you do as an organization. I learned so much about epilepsy and the impact it has on kids and adults around the world. I will definitely be in touch the next time I'm in Chicago!"
From runner Ellen Brace: I'm not usually one quick to tear up, but I am as a sit here to write about my experience with Team Danny Did. The entire experience was incredible and inspiring. I trained with Team Danny Did in mind, and was constantly reminded about the children who were recipients of devices through Danny Did and my fellow teammates who had equally inspiring reasons for running and fundraising. I enjoyed every part of the experience - joining the team, training, hearing from the organization on emails and Facebook, having Team Danny Did ambassadors decorate the door to my house the night before the race, and all of the people who cheered for me in my Team Danny Did shirt as I completed 26.2. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had, and it made me feel supportive of a dear friend whose daughter has a serious seizure disorder, in the small way that I could support her and a non-profit that does so much for families with seizure disorders. Thank you for letting me be a member of the team. I will always hold this experience dear to my heart!
From alumni runner Kelly Hamilton of Peoria:
"Running a marathon is an accomplishment, but running with Team Danny Did makes that accomplishment more meaningful. Team Danny Did is an amazing partner before, during and after the marathon. Being part of this team means you are making a difference and impacting lives with every step you take!"
From 7-Time Runner Phil Skoug of Merrill, Wisconsin:
"It was a pleasure to run the Chicago Marathon for the Danny Did foundation. I hope to do it again next year. I always like to do things for good friends. Pete and Betty Lazarra asked me if I would run the marathon and couldn't turn them down. I was unable to attend the post race party due to a minor injury during the marathon but I was determined to finish. The shirt and bracelet gave me inspiration to finish for Danny and others that suffer from epilepsy and SUDEP. Looking forward to next year."