JOIN TEAM DANNY DID IN THE BANK OF AMERICA CHICAGO MARATHON
The Danny Did Foundation is proud to be an official partner of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon for the 8th straight year. Team Danny Did members participate in the marathon to raise funds and awareness for the Danny Did Foundation. We welcome runners from across the United States and the world to be a part of our team and to join us in advancing awareness of epilepsy and Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy, or SUDEP.
DETAILS: Although registration for the 2018 Chicago Marathon is closed, don't despair, because there is still a way to get in: joining Team Danny Did! See below for details on securing one of our precious "post close" charity race entries.
RUNNER COMMITMENT: Now that race registration is closed, runners who utilize a "post close" Team Danny Did charity entry in the Chicago Marathon are required to raise $1,500 for our cause. NOTE: We can only offer our charity entries until May 21st, or until our batch of entries are sold out, whichever comes sooner. See below for the list of exciting Team Danny Did benefits.
How To Apply For a Spot on Team Danny Did:
- Contact Danny Did at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest and to receive instructions.
- Review and return your signed Team Danny Did Commitment Letter to email@example.com.
- Create your online fundraising page.
- Recruit a friend to join Team Danny Did and receive a $100 fundraising credit!
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions during this process, contact the Danny Did Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Reward Your Effort With These TEAM DANNY DID BENEFITS:
- FREE race entry – a $195 value! (Once you reach your fundraising goal, Danny Did will reimburse your entry fee.)
- FREE 18-week training program: A $200 value. Chose from the group option or the virtual option. Not in the Chicago area? Pick a program near you.
- A custom Team Danny Did race day tech shirt
- A custom online fundraising page
- Your Own "Running Buddy"! Be connected with and motivated by a child with epilepsy who wants to share their story with you.
- Regular e-newsletters: featuring training and fundraising tips.
- Awards and incentives for the top fundraisers.
- A private post race Team Danny Did party: featuring free food and beverages in a venue near the race finish line.
- Start-to-finish inspiration and encouragement: from your Team Danny teammates, from Danny Did Foundation supporters, and most of all, from the life of Daniel “Danny” Stanton.
SUPPORT TEAM DANNY DID IN THE BANK OF AMERICA CHICAGO MARATHON
COMPANY SPONSORSHIPS: If you're interested to sponsor Team Danny Did in 41st annual running of the second largest marathon in the world, please email email@example.com.
TEAM DANNY DID RADIO PSA: To listen to the Team Danny Did epilepsy awareness radio PSA as read by Danny's older brother Johnny on 101.9 FM The Mix and 93.1 FM WXRT in Chicago, click here.
DONATE TO A 2017 RUNNER ONLINE: Every runner has a great story behind their 26.2 miles. To sponsor one of our Team Danny Did runners in the Chicago Marathon CLICK HERE.
RACE DAY CHEER STATION: We invite all to come and cheer our runners on race day Sunday October 7th at the Danny Did cheer station, near course mile 13.5, located at the northwest corner of Adams and Green Streets, which is one block west of Halsted St near Chicago's Greek Town neighborhood. Bring signs and to wear your DDF gear, so the presence of Team Danny Did is made known in the second largest marathon in the world!
Click here to view the 2017 Chicago Marathon course map.
From alumni runner Kelly Hamilton of Peoria: "Running a marathon is an accomplishment, but running with Team Danny Did makes that accomplishment more meaningful. Team Danny Did is an amazing partner before, during and after the marathon. Being part of this team means you are making a difference and impacting lives with every step you take!"
From Past Runner Phil Skoug of Merrill, Wisconsin: "It was a pleasure to run the Chicago Marathon for the Danny Did foundation. I hope to do it again next year. I always like to do things for good friends. Pete and Betty Lazarra asked me if I would run the marathon and couldn't turn them down. I was unable to attend the post race party due to a minor injury during the marathon but I was determined to finish. The shirt and bracelet gave me inspiration to finish for Danny and others that suffer from epilepsy and SUDEP. Looking forward to next year."
From Past Runner Lisa Verdon of Chicago, Illinois: “Being a part of Team Danny Did was an amazing experience! I met so many new people (and still talk with) we all had a common goal: to get the word out about epilepsy and SUDEP. Team Danny got me thru those long runs, when I didn’t think I could get to 20 miles, I looked at my blue wrist band that says “Danny Did” and I kept running. When it was time to run the big 26.2, I was relieved to see my teammates and supporters of the Danny Did Foundation out there along the route giving me thumbs up, supporting me when i needed it most…all knowing that we have a common bond: Danny. Running my first marathon for the Danny Did Foundation was special knowing I was running and raising funds for those kids and their families affected by epilepsy. PLEASE consider running for Danny and being a member of Team Danny Did. I promise you, you will not regret it.“