Created by the UK-based nonprofit SUDEP Action, SUDEP Action day is devoted to raising awareness about Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy around the world and inspiring action to help save lives. In memory of Danny Stanton and all the lives to SUDEP, Danny Did Foundation is proud to join the American Epilepsy Society, CURE Epilepsy, the Epilepsy Foundation and Partners Against Mortality in Epilepsy (PAME) as U.S.-based contributors to this campaign of action.
We encourage you to read and share this SUDEP Action Day infographic to spread information about mortality in epilepsy.
To support our SUDEP Action Day fundraiser, click here.
Our Action Day Partner: Zogenix
We thank our partners at Zogenix for their partnership to support awareness and education around SUDEP and all forms of mortality in epilepsy.
What is the Goal of SUDEP Action Day?
- Encourage people with epilepsy to learn about SUDEP and their individual risk
- Show what is currently being done to address SUDEP
- Promote ways people can manage their epilepsy to reduce their risk
- Highlight the need for more research into SUDEP to help save lives
- Raise awareness of SUDEP amongst the general public
- Honor the lives of all those who have died from the condition
SUDEP Action Day Theme: “Why”
This year, SUDEP Action is inviting you to ask these questions about SUDEP to get answers, inspire action, and highlight what more needs to be done:
- Why don’t more people know about SUDEP?
- Why is talking about SUDEP important?
- Why should people with epilepsy and their clinicians know about SUDEP risks?
- Why have you taken part in fundraising/awareness events to help shine a light on SUDEP and epilepsy-related deaths?
- Why is it important to you that others get involved in SUDEP Action Day?
How Can I Participate in SUDEP Action Day?
- Change your Facebook or Twitter cover to support SUDEP Action Day.
- Join the epilepsy community to:
- Post a picture of yourself holding this SUDEP Action Infographic with the hashtag #SUDEPActionDay2021.
- Share pictures of your involvement in SUDEP Action Day.
- Use the campaign hashtags #SUDEPActionDay2021 and #EndSUDEP.
- Spot opportunities to raise local awareness and take action to prompt change:
- Share our SUDEP resources or host a talk for your community group.
- Post the infographic or poster on notice boards, in newsletters, free local papers, or shop windows.
- Contribute to an epilepsy death registry if you have lost someone to SUDEP or an epilepsy-related death. You can also commemorate your loved one by sharing their photo and name on Facebook and Twitter with the hashtag #SUDEPActionDay2021.
- Tell someone why they should know about SUDEP and support SUDEP Action Day. Share your story. Tell them why knowing about SUDEP and epilepsy is important for raising awareness and encourage others to take action.
- Are you a healthcare provider? Get more information on SUDEP.
Things You Can Do to Reduce Your SUDEP Risk