WE WELCOME YOU TO JOIN TEAM DANNY DID IN THE BANK OF AMERICA CHICAGO MARATHON
The Danny Did Foundation is proud to be an official partner of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon for the 6th straight year. Team Danny Did members participate in the marathon to raise funds and awareness for the Danny Did Foundation, and we would love to have you as a part of it.
WHO: We welcome runners from across the United States and the world to be a part of our team and to join us in advancing awareness of epilepsy and Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy, or SUDEP.
KEY DATES: Our supply of post close registrations spots were sold out on May 23rd. However, if you have your own race entry and would like to join us, get in touch to let us know that you are ready to join Team Danny Did!
RUNNER COMMITMENT: Runners who utilize a Team Danny Did charity registration entry in the Chicago Marathon are expected to raise $1,000 for our cause. NOTE: This amount increases to $1,500 for runners who receive a 'post close' entry. Please see below for the list of exciting Team Danny Did benefits!
NEXT STEP: If you are interested to join Team Danny Did in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, email firstname.lastname@example.org!
TEAM DANNY DID RADIO PSA: To listen to the Team Danny Did epilepsy awareness radio PSA as read by Danny's older brother Johnny on 101.9 FM The Mix in Chicago, click here.
DONATE TO A 2016 RUNNER ONLINE: To sponsor one of our Team Danny Did runners in the Chicago Marathon click here. Every runner has a great story behind their 26.2 miles!
CHEER STATION: We invite all to come and cheer our runners on race day Sunday October 9th at the Danny Did cheer station, near course mile 13.5, located at the northwest corner of Adams and Green Streets, which is one block west of Halsted St near Chicago's Greek Town neighborhood. Bring signs and to wear your DDF gear to the presence of Team Danny Did known in the second largest marathon in the world!
Click here to view the 2015 course map.
How To Join Team Danny Did:
- Contact Danny Did at email@example.com to express your interest and to request our team's unique registration link to guarantee your spot in the Bank of America Chicago Marathon.
- Review and return your signed Team Danny Did Commitment Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign up to create your fundraising page at www.events.org/marathon.
- Don’t forget: Recruit a friend to join Team Danny Did and receive a $100 fundraising credit!
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions during this process, contact the Danny Did Foundation at email@example.com.
We Reward Your Effort With These TEAM DANNY DID BENEFITS:
- FREE race entry – a $185 value! (Once you reach your fundraising goal, Danny Did will reimburse your $185 entry fee.)
- FREE 18-week CARA training program: A $200 value. Chose from the group option or the virtual option.
- A custom Team Danny Did tech shirt
- A custom online fundraising page
- Your Own "Running Buddy"! Be connected with and motivated by a child with epilepsy who wants to share their story with you.
- Regular e-newsletters: featuring training and fundraising tips
- Prize incentives for the Top 3 fundraisers overall
- A private post race Team Danny Did party: featuring free food and beverages in a warm and dry venue near the race finish!
- Start-to-finish inspiration and encouragement: from your Team Danny teammates, from Danny Did Foundation supporters, and most of all, from the life of Daniel “Danny” Stanton.
SPONSORSHIPS: If you're interested to sponsor Team Danny Did in the second largest marathon in the world, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
From alumni runner Renee Dorsen of Chicago: "If you are wondering if you can do this.....let me tell you can! I never ran a mile before I started to train for the marathon last year for Danny did! I followed a training program which started the end of May 2015 which well prepared this 51 year-old to run, complete and exceeded my fundraising goals for Danny Did! It was one of the most amazing things I did in my life besides getting married and the birth of my 3 boys! You can do this! Trust me when I say that Danny will get you to the finish line."
From Past Runner Phil Skoug of Merrill, Wisconsin: "It was a pleasure to run the Chicago Marathon for the Danny Did foundation. I hope to do it again next year. I always like to do things for good friends. Pete and Betty Lazarra asked me if I would run the marathon and couldn't turn them down. I was unable to attend the post race party due to a minor injury during the marathon but I was determined to finish. The shirt and bracelet gave me inspiration to finish for Danny and others that suffer from epilepsy and SUDEP. Looking forward to next year."
From Past Runner Lisa Verdon of Chicago, Illinois: “Being a part of Team Danny Did was an amazing experience! I met so many new people (and still talk with) we all had a common goal: to get the word out about epilepsy and SUDEP. Team Danny got me thru those long runs, when I didn’t think I could get to 20 miles, I looked at my blue wrist band that says “Danny Did” and I kept running. When it was time to run the big 26.2, I was relieved to see my teammates and supporters of the Danny Did Foundation out there along the route giving me thumbs up, supporting me when i needed it most…all knowing that we have a common bond: Danny. Running my first marathon for the Danny Did Foundation was special knowing I was running and raising funds for those kids and their families affected by epilepsy. PLEASE consider running for Danny and being a member of Team Danny Did. I promise you, you will not regret it.“