The Danny Did Foundation is proud to be an official Charity Affiliate of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon for the third consecutive year.
As a BOA 2013 Chicago Marathon partner, Team Danny Did engages people who are impacted by epilepsy, their families and friends, and general supporters of all shapes and sizes who, through their participation in the race, are dedicated to raising a minimum of $1,000 to enable our foundation to continue its mission to prevent deaths caused by seizures. Are you ready to run with Team Danny Did in the second largest marathon in the world? We encourage you to visit www.events.org/marathon to sign on to reserve your Team Danny spot today!
Registration for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon is now closed. If you are already registered for the race but seeking a charity to run for, we’d love to have you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Race day is Sunday October 13, 2013
- Learn more about Danny Stanton and the Danny Did Foundation here.
- To sponsor one of our Team Danny Did runners in the Chicago Marathon click here!
- If you’d like to cheer on our runners on race day at the Team Danny Did Cheer Station, come join us at the corner of Adams St. & Green St. in the West Loop near mile 13.5, one block west of Halsted, and wear your DDF gear!
How To Join Team Danny Did:
- Ensure that you are registered for the Chicago Marathon.
- Next, visit www.events.org/marathon, where you will register to join Team Danny Did and receive your instructions for creating your personal online fundraising page. Quick and easy! If you have any questions during this step, contact the Danny Did Foundation at email@example.com.
- Don’t forget: Recruit a friend to join Team Danny Did and receive a $100 fundraising credit! Contact Mary Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Team Danny Did Benefits Package:
- Complimentary race entry – a $175 value! (Once you reach your $1,000 goal, Danny Did will reimburse your $175 entry fee.)
- Complimentary 18-week CARA training program ($200 value)
- Team Danny Did tech shirt
- Prize incentives for the first five fundraisers to raise $1,000
- Prize incentives for the Top Five fundraiser overall
- Post race Team Danny Did gathering
- Start to finish inspiration and encouragement from your Team Danny teammates, from Danny Did Foundation supporters, and most of all, from the life of Daniel “Danny” Stanton
News & Notes:
Click here to see a new article in the Neighborhood Parents Network inviting parents to join Team Danny!
Please contact Mary Duffy at email@example.com with any questions about participating in the 2013 Bank of American Chicago Marathon to benefit the Danny Did Foundation. We want to have you as a part of Team Danny Did!
From 2012 Chicago Marathon Team Danny Did runner Lisa Verdon: “Being a part of Team Danny Did last year was an amazing experience! I met so many new people (and still talk with) we all had a common goal: to get the word out about epilepsy and SUDEP. Team Danny got me thru those long runs, when I didn’t think I could get to 20 miles, I looked at my blue wrist band that says “Danny Did” and I kept running. When it was time to run the big 26.2, I was relieved to see my teammates and supporters of the Danny Did Foundation out there along the route giving me thumbs up, supporting me when i needed it most…all knowing that we have a common bond: Danny. Running my first marathon for the Danny Did Foundation was special knowing I was running and raising funds for those kids and their families affected by epilepsy. PLEASE consider running for Danny and being a member of Team Danny Did. I promise you, you will not regret it.“